Die grosse Klimakrise - Was tun? @ Wandellust, Zürich [8. Dezember]

Die grosse Klimakrise - Was tun?

19:30 - 21:00

Zollikerstrasse 74, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
Die Cambridge Climate Lecture Series machen halt in der Schweiz. Die Chancen das Klima um 2 Grad zu stabilisieren schwinden. Lt. Kevin Anderson liegen sie gerade noch bei 5%.

Was können wir jetzt noch tun?

Die Veranstaltung findet in englischer Sprache statt. Referent ist der renommierte Klimawissenschaftler Dr. Hugh Hunt von der Universität of Cambridge.

Kevin Anderson quote: “95% chance of failure & 5% chance of success; it is not a random 5%, it is a choice. We are literally choosing to fail.” What if we choose to succeed?

The talk with Dr Hugh Hunt, University of Cambridge will at fist establish where the 95% figure of expected failure to save the climate originates. The lack of political, social and commercial will to change course and consume less or move to a sustainable economy.

The next stage is to look at the status quo in terms of atmospheric concentrations and the impacts we face both in the near-term and in the longer term.

The 5% “choices” — what are they?

Highlight a list of choices that could be made that would bend the curve away from failure. They will be tough but they have to be made:

=> Rapid decarbonisation and phasing out of fossil fuel
Protection of natural carbon sinks.

=> Retrofit all existing dwellings and make energy sources clean and resilient.

=> Prepare for the worst — research geoengineering but assume that it will fail.

=> Bring the young people into the decision making frame.

=> Equity with poorer nations who are losing their homes today — how do we address loss and damage?

Some of these we don’t yet have the answer to but all these questions are what we are investigating in Cambridge Climate Lecture Series and we are bringing the best minds we can find to talk about these issues.
Nur registrierte Benutzer können Kommentare hinterlassen.
Registrieren Sie sich schnell oder autorisieren Sie sich.

Die nächsten Veranstaltungen @ Wandellust:

J:Морс у Цюрыху | J:Моrs Live in Zürich
Nebenrolle Natur Filmfestival 2018
Sihasin - Native American Punk Rock
Navajo Pow Wow mit Benally Family

Das am meisten erwartete Veranstaltungen in Zurich :

Parov Stelar in Zurich, Switzerland (SOLD OUT)
Samsung Hall
Kruder & Dorfmeister 25 Anniversary 4 hours DJ-Set CH-exklusiv
Kaufleuten Restaurant
Sechseläuten use it!
Kaufleuten Club
Mystica 2018
Elrow Zurich - Sambodromo do Brasil
SOLD OUT l Imagine Dragons l Hallenstadion l Zürich
Hallenstadion Zürich
Boris Brejcha & Ann Clue l Härterei Zürich
OXA Revival Party
2 Jahre Dark Blue w/ Deborah de Luca
Ausverkauft! Morcheeba at Kaufleuten Zürich
Kaufleuten Restaurant
Die populärsten Veranstaltungen in Deinem News Feed!